Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Columbine Embrace


Every May, I'm encircled by Columbine.


They pop up in the front garden.


They are everywhere in the back garden.


They surround the back patio.


Close up, they make me so happy.


Each one is completely unique.


I guess any garden, (and any life), is circles within circles.


A ring of onions around the front.


A crescent of tough and lovely girls contains the back.


Looking out from the close up garden,


a wilder garden is thriving right down the hill.


Spring in Mariposa is something I can't begin to describe.


You really have to see it for yourself.


It would be best if you could smell it too. 


P.S.
 Town Mouse and Country Mouse have more beautiful garden views here.

12 comments :

  1. Your Columbine is so pretty. Those wild flower settings are lovely. It has to be wonderful just to look out over that.

    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cher! It is a very special place.

      Delete
  2. I only have a few columbine plants, but you have inspired me to add more. I love your circles within circles...inspiring and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you need some seed. Once they get going, you'll never have to plant them again.

      Delete
  3. I love columbine plants and they seed so freely, it's hard to treat them as weeds. More often I dig them and relocate to better space or let them have neighborhoods like you do. I hope you have some of the blue ones, a favorite of mine.

    I like how you let things grow-- beautiful spring images all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year a blue one finally appeared! I'll make sure to save a few seeds. Neighborhoods! You sure got that right.

      Delete
  4. Wow, I like that circle metaphor - and I would so want to see (and smell) Mariposa in the spring. But alas, work gets in the way... Maybe next year. I'm thinking of cutting back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How dreamy it is to be encircled by Columbine! The flower is really unique and cute. but my two Columbine plants are still small this year without konwing why. I wish mine would pop up soon.
    By the way, your garden is attractive as always. If in Japan, your garden would be definitely an exclusive area of villas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Sometimes it takes Columbine a while to get going. They like to think they're wild, I think. Once they drop a bit of seed and start a little colony, they're much happier.

      Delete
  6. For years I had columbine everywhere, but the last couple of years I have not seen any, may be he deer ate them, I am seeing more and more deer on my property, they are cute only if they leave my plantings alone.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
A Garden in Bootjack by http://bootjackgardener.blogspot.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.